These cookies are actually good but very flat. My kids did love these and they were very crispy. These would be great if you cooked them very small and made them as crisps, which I probably will do next time. It is my first egg-free cookie I have made.
1 Cup Peanut Butter(use creamy)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
2/3 Cup of Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/4 Cup of Water
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a bowl mix the peanut butter, vanilla, and brown sugar together. It is always easier to use hand mixers when using peanut butter.
3. While mixing the wet ingredients add the flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. Keep mixing and add the water. The continuous mixing and scraping the bowl is very important.
5. Now we are ready to roll the dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern,
7. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes, no more. A little less may be a good idea.
Again, these are really good, a little flat, but very good.
By Ashley Elizabeth Mitchell; January 26th, 2017
Updated; January 25th, 2020