These cookies are the best snickerdoodles I have ever tasted and baked. YUM! They were so full of flavor and soft. We will make them again! I got to make them with the kids today. There is something about snickerdoodles that just bring me back to my grandma’s kitchen. These are soft snickerdoodles, which I prefer.
Here is the recipe that we made:
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup of Softened Butter
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup of Sugar
3 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375F.
2. Grease or flour cookie sheet.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
4. In a different bowl mix the butter and brown sugar together until it is fluffy. (mixer will make this easier)
5. Add the egg and vanilla into the wet mix.
6. Keep mixing the wet ingredients while mixing in the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet mix bowl.
7. Combine the regular sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl.
8. Now roll pieces of the dough into balls and roll around the sugar/cinnamon mix.
9.When you place the balls of dough on the cookies sheets flatten them very lightly. I like using the criss-cross pattern with a fork.
10. Add the extra sugar/cinnamon on top of all the cookies.
11. Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes then let cool.