Today the kids and I decided to make mini cherry pies in cupcake tins, everyone had their own slice of pie! This was really good and a lot of fun to make with the kiddos.
Here is our Mini Cherry Pie Recipe:
To Make Pie Crusts:
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of creamer
Grease or flour the cupcake tins.
1.Combine all the dry ingredients together.
2. Add oil and creamer to the dry ingredients.
3. Combine all together, should be a little crumbly. I use my hands to mix.
4. Take small chunks and mold together to the cupcake cups, there SHOULD be enough left over to make top crusts on each cup. Also, do not forget to grease or flour the cups, this is really important for cooking this way.
5. Bake crusts at 400F for 10 minutes, watch for browning. Less may be better.
1 can of sugarless cherry pie filling
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 chopped up tablespoons of butter
1. Combine all ingredients together and this gives you your cherry pie filling.
Now make the Mini Pies:
1. Take pie crusts out of the oven and let cool down. Give all the crusts a light dusting of cocoa powder.
2. Fill each tin up with 1/4 cup of filling. Dust with cocoa powder again.
3. Use remaining dough to cover the mini pies. There should be enough for all of them to have tops and bottoms.
4. Bake the cupcake mini pies at 350F for 20-30 minutes-until golden brown. Watch the tops! As with any pie, that will tell you when they are done.