What a surprise it was today when I logged into Facebook and noticed that the ‘message request’ section of my Facebook inbox was a number higher than I remember. I checked it and there was a message from Julie from Mom Remade saying that she had nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was very touched! I wonder if my blog is doing anything most days. I’m lucky if I get to post weekly and I never really know who is seeing it or who really cares about what I write. To have a fellow blogger, and a really good and known blogger at that, nominate me for an award that recommends my blog to others is very touching. I really appreciate being singled out like this. This is such a blessing from Mom Remade and I am so touched.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy.
There are some ‘rules’ you should follow what you are nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Here they are:
*Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
If you click any of the words highlighted or underlined above they will lead you to Mom Remade and trust me it is worth the trip.
*Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
*Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
* List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. Who is your favorite blogger?
That is pretty much the hardest question ever for me! It is really hard to choose. All my nominations are blogs I really enjoy reading regularly. There are 3 that stand out in my mind though. Catholic Icing is one I visit very frequently, especially as a homeschooling mother. Catholic Icing writes a lot of homeschooling advice and encouragement that I have used a lot since I started homeschooling. Blessed is She is another very popular one I read daily, they have many bloggers who work with them and they write very personal short devotions. My last favorite blogger is Hope Clark from Funds for Writers, her blogs and advice greatly inspire me to keep going and plugging through. After discovering Hope Clark and reading her advice I started writing again, started my blog here, and became more persistent in a passion I had lost.
2. Why do you blog?
I blog because I love writing and my life. I really enjoy writing and I love putting it to use. I have been able to write anything I want and haven’t had to limit myself at all. I can write anything from homeschooling advice/struggles, birth stories, share my worksheets, or make random lists of stuff I love. I figured if everyone else has a voice why can’t I? And here I am.
3. What are your hobbies?
4. Do your friends/family read your blog?
No clue! I can say only when I tell them to! 🙂
5. What makes you angry?
In a Maine campground by the lake.
7. What is your favorite movie?
When Harry Met Sally, The Notebook, Sleepless in Seattle, A Walk To Remember, Phantom of the Opera, God’s Not Dead, Christian Mingle, Westside Story, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, My Fair Lady, Daddy Daycare, Grease, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, How To Marry A Millionaire, Some Like It Hot, My Best Friend’s Wedding, The Wedding Date
You’re lucky I made this list as short as I could, you can go to my husband as testimony.
8. Where do you like to go on vacation?
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
9. If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
A running car big enough to fit my beautiful family of 6.
10. List 5 people you would love to have over for dinner (living or dead)?
I’m going to just choose people who are ‘dead’ because that seems way more fun to me. Elenore Roosevelt, Amelia Earhart, Marilyn Monroe, Audry Hepburn, and Jane Austin.
11. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
Questions for my Sunshine Blogger Nominees:
- Who is your favorite Author?
- What are words you live your life by?
- What advice do you have for busy mothers (or parents) to stay healthy?
- What is something you are passionate about?
- How do you cope with stress?
- What is one thing in the world you would change?
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
- What is your favorite recipe?
- Do you have a favorite parenting book?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite piece of parenting advice that works?
I cannot wait to see the answers from other bloggers and have the opportunity to keep reading my favorite blogs. I hope they turn into your favorite blogs too. Enjoy! Thank you Mom Remade again for the Sunshine Blog Award!