Sure, I can complain. I try to take all my complaining to my husband but I will admit sometimes it slips out and I always feel bad. I like to think overall I am a very undramatic person though. It’s not all in my head, I’ve received compliments about how I am the ‘chillest person’-that’s a direct quote from someone’s husband. I have recently found myself sort of caught up in some mama drama, or the dramatic people tried to get me caught up in it. Whatever the perspective of it, it didn’t work and fizzled, which I am thankful. I like to say I am too old for drama :p. I was asked about the situation and how it didn’t bother me. I didn’t think twice about reacting or getting into a fight with anyone. I just got down to the solution or source and I was done. I’m not big on back and forth situations. Less is more.
What gets me through the dramatic tendencies of being around other mothers, different personalities, boy scouts that always seemed to be run by mothers, other women in general? Easy. These 10 bible verses are what I look to for guidance.
1. Lamentations 3:40: ‘Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the LORD!’
2. Galatians 5:15: ‘But if you bite and devour one another take heed that you are not consumed by one another.’
3. Proverbs 26:17: ‘He who meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears.’
4. Proverbs 19:9: ‘A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish.’
5. Ephesians 4:25: ‘Therefore, putting away falsehood, let every one speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.’
6. Mathew 5:9: ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.’
7. Ephesians 3:31-32: ‘Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.’
8. Romans 12:17: ‘Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.’
9. Philippians 4:13: ‘ I can do all things in him who strengthens me.’
10. Galatians 6:2: ‘Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.’
When you get caught into drama or see someone get caught up I hope you remember these 10 verses and they make you think and inspire you like they have inspired me.