Constantly among the homeschooling community, I see people asking for an updated list of homeschooling Facebook groups. I know it is overwhelming, I have been the new homeschooling parent! I have gone through the Facebook pages and groups and compiled a list of Facebook groups to hopefully help you in your homeschooling journey in the greatest state in the world, Maine.
If you are interested in other Facebook groups that are not Maine based only hop on over here 10 Best Homeschooling Facebook Groups.
Maine Homeschooling Groups
– Maine Parents Kiducation Resource Co-op
– ~Maine Homeschoolers Page~
– Homeschooling in ME
– Homeschooling Teens Of Maine
– Maine Homeschool Network
– Homeschoolers of Maine, Families coming together to share IDEAS
–Homeschoolers of 798
this group is only for those who are against the Maine vaccine bill and for those who are impacted by the forced vaccination bill.
– Maine Mom Homeschooling Support Group
– HOME Field Trip Forum
– Maine Homeschooling Questions, Answers and Ideas.
– Maine Homeschool Coalition Group.
– Maine Homeschool Beginner’s Support
– Maine Unschoolers Connect and Chat
– HOMEschooling Special Needs and Gifted
– HOME Convention 2020
Groups By Region
– Lincoln Maine Homeschooling
– HOME Monthly Bowling
–HOME Monthly Skates
– Homeschooling Bangor Maine Area
– Maine-ly Moms of Greater Bangor Area
This group is not a homeschooling only group. But Maine Homeschoolers and Unschoolers posts on it a bit and people are always sharing local events and fun ideas of activities to do with your kids.
– HOME Hikes
– penobscot county’s schooling at home families
– Penobscot County Play Dates
– Lincoln Co-op Group
– My Aroostook!
this is a great group if you live in the county. It is not just a homeschooling group.
– Mid-Maine Homeschoolers
– Penobscot County Events
– Millinocket to Lincoln Area Children’s Activities
– Lincoln Maine Playdate!
– Bangor Area Home School Science Fair
Christain Homeschooling Groups
– Maine Catholic Homeschoolers Unschoolers
– Northern Maine Christian Families
– Maine Christian Homeschool
– Guilford Christian Academy
– Maine Catholics
– Maine Christian Unschooling
Secular Only Homeschooling Groups
– Maine Unschooling Network
– Secular Homeschooling and Unschooling Families of Maine
Helpful Groups That Are Not Just For Homeschoolers
PLAN MY DAY IN MAINE!
Families In Maine
Maine Mom’s Meetup Group
Hosting Exchange Students in Maine!
this group is all about how to host international high school exchange students and become s (much needed) volunteer host family. While not homeschooling, it is a great way to open your family to a whole new world.
Mothering Naturally in Maine
Peaceful Parents of Maine
Quirky Moms Maine
This is the most active and helpful group though for parents who have special needs kids or children with learning disabilities.
Maine Gentle Parents
Events In Maine!!
Peaceful Parenting Families of Maine
Helpful Maine Facebook Pages
Maine Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
Historical Based Facebook Groups and Pages
these groups are not homeschooling groups but they are helpful if you are studying history or completing your Maine Studies education requirement.
– Maine Memories
– You know you grew up in Hermon Maine when…
– Lincoln Maine Historical Society Museum, WBroadway, Lincoln, Maine
– Early New England Family History Research
– Maine Genealogical Society
– Madawaska Historical Society
– Martin Acadian Homestead and Learning Center, Madawaska, Maine
– Maine Genealogy
– Maine Acadian Heritage Council
– Maine Ulster Scots Project
– Maine Genealogical Society
– Maine Franco-American Genealogical Society
– Aroostook County Genealogical Society
– Jane Austen Society of North America-Maine
– Maine Historical Society
– Maine Archives and Museums
– Fort Kent Historical Society
– Ste-Agathe Historical Society
– Hancock County Genealogical Society (Maine)
– Wawenoc Chapter of the Maine Genealogical Society
– Washington County Historical Genealogical Society
– Pejepscot Genealogy Society
– Greater Portland Chapter of the Maine Genealogical Society
– Old Pictures of Forgotten Maine
– You Know You Grew Up In Glenburn, Maine
Nature Based Facebook Groups
These groups are not homeschooling groups but are helpful for exploring the outdoors. The outdoors is a great Maine way of life and tradition and I hope you enjoy the outdoors as much as we do.
– MAINE Wildlife [unfiltered]
– Backyard Bird Watching in Maine
– Maine Hiking
– Plant Something Maine Gardening Group
– Maine Bird Feeders
– Maine, where to Kayak
– Backyard Gardening Maine
– Maine Chicken Enthusiasts
– Maine Foragers
– Keeping bees in Maine
– Maine Mushrooms
– Goats in Maine
– Maine Trail Cam Pictures.
– Maine Homesteading
– Maine Poultry Connection (Maine Only)
– North East – Small Farm, Sustainability & Homestead Living
– Maine Gardening
– Moosehead Lake Birding
– Maine Fall Foliage
– Moosehead Mushrooms
– Maine Homesteaders
– MAINE Wildlife
– MAINE Birds
– Plants & Flowers of Maine
I will be updating this as much as possible. Feel free to comment a suggestion :). Please check this area to see when this post was last updated.
Have a wonderful homeschooling adventure!